Field Study #4
Notes
Date and time: Monday October 31, 2022
Climate and present weather: There is a lot of cloud cover, It had rained overnight and it is kinda drizzling so it is a little bit damp, the air felt kinda thick almost like kinda a fog.
Temperature: The temperature today is 60 degrees this is cooler than the last time that I came
Length of day: 10 hours 21 minutes
Organisms: When I walked up to the pond there were frogs that were still chirping and this surprised me because of the weather. As i walked further into the woods I saw that the log was growing new moss and fungi. Then there were 3 deer that ran away about 80 yards away from me, I noticed there were scrapes on trees from bucks and that was probably why. I went hunting the night before and I saw a few doe but no bucks. There are plenty of signs of bucks thought.
Changes since I was last there: There were a lot more dead leaves and you could notice the woods looking less full than usual and it smelled more like decomposition if you know what i'm talking about almost like that fall smell. There was new moss on the fallen tree and more fungi I hadn't noticed before. The Temperature was cooler and the pond had more sediment in it guessing it is from the rain. I also noticed that the reeds were dead which is probably from the cooler weather.
Love the fall smell! :). Good observations! Keep watching for the frogs. Keep watching the sediment to see if you are correct. I don't think I need to tell you to keep watching for deer. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't forget sketches and to be sure you are in one of the "same spot" photos.